I cannot believe we are just one week away from the 4th of July! Although this summer has been great thus far, it’s going way too fast! I love soaking up the Pittsburgh sun, and more importantly having as much fun as possible. I do most of my home projects in the spring and fall, so the warmer months are left for fun times with the little’s. If I do start any projects, I keep it simple. Ideally, something that takes no more than a weekend. Here are a few ideas…
- Paint your front door a fun color. Adding an unexpected color to your entrance is an easy, inexpensive way to change things up. If you missed my post on front door colors and what they could mean for your home, you can check that out here.
- While your updating the entrance, don’t for get to add a new summer door mat.
- Add one or two colorful container of flowers. This is a great project to do with the little’s as they can get creative with their own pots. Let them pick out their own flowers and watch the joy on their faces as they get dirty.
- Re-style your outdoor living space. Whether it’s a sun room or deck, purchase some new toss pillows, outdoor string lights, or lanterns.
- Show your patriotic side. Nothing says summer in the USA more than the colors of red, white, and blue. Check out this American flag wall plaque. Hang it above your mantel, or in your outdoor space.
- Transform something old with a fresh coat of paint. Whether its a random side table, or tired looking wicker furniture, a fresh coat of paint will bring it back to life. Think in colors of summer…beachy blues, watermelon or coral. Or stay traditional with navy & white.
Most of these ideas should only take you a day or two at the max. Don’t overload your schedule with decor and DIY projects that take away your time spent outdoors with family and friends.
Maybe you have a long weekend off to tackle one of these projects. Or, maybe you have a few holiday BBQ’s to partake in. Either way, I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite summer finds. Whether you need hostess gifts for all those summer parties or just need a little something for your own home, these are some great options.